Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We're looking for a smart, ambitious IT Generalist to focus on interfacing with hundreds of Samsara employees enabling them to be successful with Samsara’s technology stack. Daily activities include processing inbound requests for technical assistance, proactively maintaining IT systems and services, and interfacing with various parts of the business around technology and facilities planning.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has experience in a Helpdesk or IT administration role, and understands the day-to-day aspects of IT.
Our technical team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on home automation, modding and racing their cars, building gaming computers, and automotive applications for wireless technologies. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position with openings across many Samsara offices, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
An IT Generalist may work on:
- Designing and maintaining IT case management system and process cases within appropriate SLA’s
- Effectively communicating with Samsara employees guiding them through IT case resolution
- Completing onboarding/offboarding activities, including ordering and provisioning of laptops, client peripherals, telephony, and managing system access.
- Assisting in troubleshooting hardware and software challenges with users
- Managing typical office endpoints like printers, laptops, Apple TV’s, A/V equipment, security cameras, etc.
- Managing employee access to Samsara’s cloud infrastructure
- Working closely with IT Specialists to deliver infrastructure projects and upgrades, including network connectivity, security audits, new SAAS roll-outs/integrations, scripting activities, etc.
- Documenting IT policies and procedures
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience supporting customers and/or working with a case management system
- Strong spoken and written language skills
- Understanding of networking concepts and cloud hosted systems
- College graduate with a technical degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- Successful work history in IT or related field
- Experience administering cloud systems such as Zendesk, G Suite, Okta, RingCentral, Cisco Meraki, and related systems
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.