Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About this role:
You will drive and support the company forecasting process, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform strategic decisions, and partner with the business systems team to implement and maintain financial planning tools to improve process efficiency and forecast accuracy. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and drive the long range planning process and model, collaborate across Finance & Strategy teams to align financial model with strategic priorities and key business assumptions
- Lead annual planning process and the development of functional budgets
- Own the consolidated income statement, cash flow, and balance sheet forecasts
- Develop and maintain the equity plan and forecast, including stock compensation expense, share count, EPS
- Model financial impact for strategic initiatives and M&A activities
- Establish financial comps / benchmarking compare to peers
- Lead preparation of board of director materials, executive leadership financial reviews, and CFO financial reporting
- Collaborate with business systems team to implement and maintain financial planning tools; define Finance requirements, system logic, and calculations
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and analysis to support business decision making
Minimum qualifications for this role:
- 3+ years of experience at an investment bank, investment firm, or in an equivalent corporate role. Experience in tech is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics preferred
- Strong financial modeling and analysis capabilities, including advanced Excel / Google Sheets and Powerpoint / Google Slides skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to senior management
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
An ideal candidate also has:
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies
- Prior experience using NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce, Adaptive Planning and Tableau
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.