Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company located in the heart of London. We are looking for an Accounting Manager as our first international accounting hire to represent the Accounting team in Europe. The role is responsible for the technical accounting to support our business initiatives across the EU and will drive cross-border projects, develop best practice in processes, policies, and controllership on an international level. As a seasoned Accounting professional, this person will be an expert in Financial Reporting under various accounting frameworks including IFRS and US GAAP, proficient with data and systems, and a strategic thinker who can drive results.
What You’ll Do:
- Represent the Accounting team in the UK
- Evaluation of technical accounting considerations relating to new business activities.
- Leading and driving various meetings with senior management on key financial statement areas.
- Ownership of aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closes while implementing and maintaining adequate mechanisms and forums for reviews, decision making and escalations with finance partners and management.
- Driving standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US, local GAAP, and management reporting)—including partnering with appropriate stakeholders, for a successful end-to-end approach to reporting.
- Delivering functional projects on a cross-country level, such as implementing best accounting/ controllership practice to enhance and deepen the control environment.
- Ensuring that the Accounting activities are aligned across the EU and Worldwide Accounting Organization.
- Overseeing all aspects of local financial reporting and related compliance (including VAT)
- Influencing and articulating accounting/ finance terminology to the non-finance community.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrable experience in relevant accounting roles
- Must hold CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent certification and knowledge of various GAAP accounting rules including IAS and IFRS.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Must have worked in an organization of similar size and scope.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges in order to identify issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Track record of having earned the trust of a leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
- Fluent English required (verbal/written)
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Consolidation experience preferred