Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara’s product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve industrial efficiency at a massive scale. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara’s vision. With several positions open across our PM team, this is a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact in different aspects of the business. This role is located in London, UK.
In this role, you will:
- Launch new products in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing
- Understand our customers' needs and identifying the most important problems that we could solve for them
- Gather customer feedback to understand needs and prioritise feature development
- Define metrics to track and optimise customer onboarding experience
- Partner with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts
- Make data-driven decisions to define and optimise product pricing
- Establish technology partnerships with complementary tech companies
- Championing, role modelling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful.
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.