Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Sr. Account Manager (AM) with a passion for bringing products to the market that truly make a positive impact in the world? Are you interested in growing and cultivating a customer base of innovative clients with interesting technical challenges? Does the chance to win new customers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space excite you? If so, then this could be your next big move!
RTI is looking for an experienced Account Manager to drive sales of our Connext DDS software and services with new and existing customers within the South Central territory, which comprises North Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
As an integral member of the field sales team, you will use your knowledge technical sales, experience in the market, and proven track record of support to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will manage all aspects of the sales process, including lead management, qualification, evaluation, closing deals, account management, and exceeding quota in this rapidly growing industry.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s toughest and most exciting technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, enables critical healthcare systems for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely controls flight surfaces of airplanes - with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse, global workforce believes in working together and working hard, while enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- In partnership with the Field Applications Engineer, presents and sells RTI software and engineering services to current and potential customers
- Seeks new business proactively
- Consults with customers onsite to understand their technical problems and challenges
- Works with RTI engineering staff to develop software solutions
- Communicates with decision makers and influencers
- Builds trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers
- Meets sales goals by closing business persistently
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years selling high-end technology software solutions to R&D and engineering teams
- Ability to travel about 30% of the time within the territory
- Enjoys prospecting and knows how to open new doors
- Strong hunting and prospecting skills
- Demonstrated ability to build solid relationships and attain trusted advisor level credibility
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with prospects and current customers
- Excels working in a collaborative, team-based selling environment
- Experience developing new leads, lead follow-up, qualification and targeted account selling in person and by phone
- Track record of meeting sales quota consistently
- Ability to leverage resources throughout the company to increase revenue and customer satisfaction
- BS or higher in engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Industrial Internet of Things preferred
- Background in middleware or communication infrastructure is a plus
- Experience selling to system integrators and government is a plus
- US Citizenship required*
- Secret Clearance a plus
- Experience with service sales is a huge plus
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
*Due to applicable laws, government regulations and contract specifications, we are required to fill this position only with an individual who qualifies as a "U.S. Citizen."
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.