As a Java UI Engineer in the Tools product team, you will be part of a team of experts building innovative graphical applications which simplify the complexities of large distributed systems, and allows the user to understand the behavior of individual components. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
Working with the team in Granada, Spain will help continue our success in Europe and beyond. We are fun, energetic and passionate about what we do. Come join us, and develop technology at the core of real-time distributed, mission-critical systems.
Read more about our journey here!
Implementation of development, administration and monitoring tools. This includes:
- Designing, prototyping, estimating, coding, testing, documenting and maintaining tools products. You will work closely with the Tools lead and Product Manager.
- Developing and maintaining professional User Interfaces (UIs) by creating wireframes, prototypes and translating requirements, use cases, and/or abstract conceptual ideas into inventive visual interfaces.
- Test and maintain RTI Connext tools on a variety of operating systems, including: Windows, Linux and MacOS. Some tools are targeted to run on mobile operating systems or in the cloud.
- Evaluate, analyze and address product performance.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking preferred.
- You have a passion for and have experience with developing graphical user interfaces using JFace/SWT in Java.
- Experience developing Eclipse plug-ins and Rich Client Platforms (RCP) application is a strong plus.
- Given a large part of RTI’s code base is in C/C++, you also need to be comfortable working in C/C++.
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages. We’re looking for a software engineer, who can learn quickly and be effective in a large variety of technologies.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
- Must be willing to work in the Granada, Spain office and have the right to work in Spain.
- Demonstrate Proficient English written communication skills, with the drive to improve English verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer