People Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA l People Team l Reporting to the VP of People
About the Team:
Together, the members of our People team make up the most well-versed employee directory you could imagine. From the moment a candidate is interested in working with us until the day they celebrate their first anniversary—and well beyond—this team is working behind the scenes to ensure everything is sailing smoothly. From insurance questions to organizing group meditations, the People team are true Rothy’s champions.
About the Role:
The People Operations Manager is a critical role, helping to cultivate a top notch employee experience at Rothy’s that aligns with our values. You will partner closely with other members of the People team as well as internal and external partners to further define and drive efficient, scalable processes that meet the dynamic needs of our high growth team. The People Operations Manager will own all tools, systems and infrastructure that supports the People function.
What You’ll Do:
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the employee experience by engaging with employees and bringing perspective on best practices in all areas of people operations.
- Manage employee data and serve as subject matter expert on all People Ops systems ensuring information is current, kept safe and confidential.
- Partner closely with the People team and People Partners to execute People Ops processes and programs with a focus on employee experience and data integrity.
- Participate in our HRIS selection and lead the implementation process; become our HRIS super-user, processing employee changes, building reports, and assisting with system updates and enhancements.
- Support reporting, audit, compliance, and data integrity initiatives.
- Support the open enrollment process and act as a resource for employees on questions related to payroll, benefits, offboarding, etc. Generally, be a great resource to help people navigate our tools and programs.
- Oversee leaves of absence and provide counsel to employees throughout the process.
- Support our annual compensation and quarterly performance review process.
- Facilitate a seamless onboarding and off-boarding experience for new hires and exits.
- Document, maintain and communicate core People Ops processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
- A passion for People Operations and 5 or more years of People Ops experience in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with and influence at all levels while also maintaining confidentiality when necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with a knack for accuracy and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- A solutions-oriented mindset when faced with challenges and addressing roadblocks
- A stellar work ethic and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- A positive attitude and relentless focus on providing an excellent experience for all employees
- Strong systems/tech orientation and experience using an HRIS and other People Ops Technology; proficiency with Google applications and Slack
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- 4 weeks of paid time off, paid sick time, plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter benefits
- A shoe allowance (like the allowance you got as a kid only better)!
- And did we mention the great snacks!?
At Rothy’s, we take a whole brand approach to sustainability. That means we consider the impact and longevity of everything we do, from the materials in our products to the way we treat our people. To date, we’ve transformed over 40 million plastic water bottles into beautiful, comfortable, washable shoes—and that’s just the beginning. Join our team and see where we’re stepping next.
Please see our privacy notice here.