Rothesay is a UK insurance company purpose built to protect pensions. We are the largest specialist pension insurer in the UK, managing over £62bn of assets and securing pensions for over 830,000 people. We secure pensions for over 170 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid, Telent and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We are defined by our absolute focus on security, real-time risk management, and the meticulous approach to everything we do. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.
Job title: Real Estate Investment Associate
Reports to: Asset Origination Manager
- Conduct detailed credit analysis and underwriting of real estate lending opportunities, including identification and assessment of risks and running scenario analyses
- Analyse loan structures and covenant packages
- Propose appropriate debt pricing supported by relative value and other financial analysis, including creating and using bond pricing models
- Build and run financial models to analyse investment opportunities, test assumptions and run sensitivities
- Prepare detailed investment and credit committee papers which concisely present the opportunity, clearly identify and assess the risks of the deal and present appropriate loan and internal metrics for consideration
- Participate in presentation of investment committee papers to committee of senior decision makers
- Liaise with internal and external parties as required to complete the analysis on a potential deal and prepare investment and credit committee papers
- Support the closing of debt transactions
- Review due diligence reports and robustly challenge assumptions and conclusions to ensure that the due diligence process has been thoroughly completed and potential risks identified
- Review and input into commercial aspects of the loan agreement and ensure that the loan document reflects commercially agreed position
- Prepare and participate in presentation of final credit committee papers incorporating final risk assessment and significant findings of due diligence
- Demonstrate strong commercial judgement and project management skills to assist in the management of internal parties involved in the loan execution process as well as 3rd party advisors and borrowers
Skills and Experience Required:
Shortlisted candidates will be able to demonstrate large loan deal evaluation and execution experience in a top tier financial services firm, as evidenced by:
- A minimum of two years in a deal evaluation/execution role (experience in real estate beneficial)
- Excellent financial modelling skills with ability to build advanced models
- Experience in conducting due diligence
- Experienced user of core Office applications including Excel, experience with Bloomberg beneficial
- Investing in debt or hard assets with NPL / workout experience beneficial
- Strong prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Resilience and flexibility
This role will be offered as an internship with the opportunity to convert to permanent.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.