Job title: Operations TPA Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Operations Divisional Overview
The Operations division is an integral part of the independent control and support structure whose key mandate is to establish and maintain an effective control environment. Robust control and risk management drives our Business.
Operations strategy is underpinned by 3 guiding principles- Payments, Policyholders and Data Management. These 3 principles drive our processes and controls, and are essential for reputation, risk/capital management, and TPA management.
In addition, Operations provides solutions to new structures, monitors contractual and regulatory obligations and creates efficient and cost saving processes. It is also a member experience unit providing best-in-class policyholder service, client management and TPA management.
General activities of the operations team include:
- Act as an independent control over transactions of the Business
- Trade capture and risk mitigation to ensure bookings are an accurate reflection of business risk
- Execution and management of lifecycle events
- Support of project teams in department-wide initiatives
- Development of technology infrastructure to support the risk management and processing capabilities of transaction
The TPA Management Team ensures our TPAs (a) provide a best-in-class policyholder experience to protect our reputation, and (b) maintain accurate data as this feeds directly into our risk management model.
This role will suit a person who is a self-starter, creative with process, confident in managing projects to strict deadlines, confident in communicating with a range of internal and external stakeholders, who can work independently as well as being part of a small team, and who is able to communicate effectively and demonstrate initiative. It is key that the candidate understands the role that Operations plays in a financial services firm such that they can ensure processes implemented fit in with the wider scope of the team.
The position available gives the candidate a lot of autonomy and it is important that they are driven to deliver against targets whilst managing time and expectations independently. The role would ideally suit a candidate with +7/8 years’ work experience in the pensions sector. Due to the dynamic nature of this role, previous work experience is essential.
- Manage performance of third party administrators - SLAs / KPIs, delivery against initiatives
- Deliver first-class member/policyholder service (including active TCF engagement)
- Perform operational reviews and audits of processes and calculations
- Compliance and complaints management
- Coordinate and implement key strategic initiatives
- Cost and budget management
- Efficiency drives - continuous improvement initiatives focusing on processes and core controls
- Client relationship management
- Keep abreast of legislative and industry practice changes and implement these in the business
Skills & experience:
- Possess a degree from a leading university in a relevant subject and/or have relevant industry qualifications
- Pensions knowledge
- Strong understanding of risk management and control principles
- Accuracy and absolute attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks across and stay focused on the operational risks
- Strong Excel skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage own workload and work as part of a team
- Good pensions, insurance and/or reinsurance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the longevity risk market (eg: buy-outs, buy-ins, longevity swaps, reinsurance)
- Experience of third party administration - processes, procedures, management
- Ability to analyse complex documentation and summarise key operational controls required to risk manage transactions
- Very strong communication skills with ability to clearly articulate issues to senior management
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.