Revel’s mission is to accelerate EV adoption by providing the infrastructure and services that make it easy to go electric. While other companies set goals for 2030, we’re focused on change we can make today. We’re also focused on cities, which have the biggest barriers to EV adoption but the most potential for change.
Our Operating Principles
Revel’s Operating Principles represent who we are, how we act, and what we believe. They define our culture.
Empathy. We seek to understand the experiences and perspectives of each other, our customers and the communities where we operate.
Ownership. We are excited by big challenges and care deeply about our work. We empower and rely on each other and hold ourselves to a high standard.
Humility. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. We’re approachable, curious, and know we have a lot to learn.
Adaptability. We expect change and quickly adjust our approach to reflect new information. We know success requires seeing opportunity in obstacles and relentlessly improving.
Simplicity. We clarify and prioritize what can be done now. We strive to keep things no more complicated than absolutely required.
Distributed Fleet Driver
Unlike most Rideshare companies, our drivers are employees. You will receive training, be paid by the hour plus tips, accrue paid time off, and have access to health benefits. The Distributed Fleet Driver will drive a Revel-branded all-electric vehicle that they lease from a 3rd party leasing company for a market competitive weekly rate and will have the flexibility to drive the vehicle for their personal needs. The weekly rental rate is inclusive of vehicle maintenance, insurance, TLC fees, and unlimited charging at Revel fast charging Superhubs!
- Must be 25 years of age or older at the time of employment (for insurance purposes)
- Must possess and maintain an active TLC & DMV License
- Must sign a lease agreement for a Revel-branded vehicle and meet all leasing obligations, including a $400 refundable deposit
- Must be available to work at least 40 hours per week
- Must have had a DMV license for a minimum of 3 years and a TLC license for a minimum of 1 year (for insurance purposes)
- No outstanding fines or fees owed to the DMV
- No outstanding debt associated with vehicle leasing owed to any fleet partners
- Less than 3 moving violations within a single year
- No traffic infractions of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- Familiarity with smart-phone devices (iPhone) and applications such as Waze, Google Maps, Gmail
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Previous Customer Service experience is preferred
- Safely transport customers to and from their destination using the all-electric rental vehicle
- Interact courteously and professionally with passengers
- Assist passengers with loading/unloading their belongings when needed
- Maintain a professional appearance by wearing company-branded apparel
- Maintain cleanliness of rental vehicle while on shift
- Identify and communicate vehicle issues to our Driver Support team
- Adhere to all state and local vehicle traffic laws
- Adhere to all terms and requirements of your vehicle leasing agreement
Compensation and Benefits
- 100% of tips paid out to employees
- Earn up to $24 - $30 per hour with our hourly incentives!
- We cover the costs associated with maintaining an active TLC License (after completion of 200 working hours):
- TLC Renewal
- Drug Testing
- Defensive Driving
- Continuing Education Course
- Paid Time Off
- Referral bonuses!
- Dedicated local support team that only works with our employee drivers
- Health, dental, and vision insurance