At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
In this role, you will be building our Quality Engineering team from the ground up, with the freedom to build your own dream team! The charter for this role is broad but your core responsibility is to make sure our products are highly reliable and delight our customers.
You will be in charge of all aspects of software and product testing. This may include
- Developing test strategies, building QE tools and ensuring high quality standards across the full SDLC end-to-end
- As we are a multi-tenant SaaS platform, performance and backwards compatibility are important aspects to preserve as we release new features and functionality.
- As we are going through hyper growth cycle, we’ll want to explore strategies like load testing
- Since we also offer our product for on-prem deployment to our customers, you will be a key stakeholder in a safe and smooth new software release and distribution process
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Help build a great product that improves productivity of engineers across the globe by several orders of magnitude
- Define best practices for quality, test selection strategies, root cause analysis, and possibly fix, test issues that arise
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and customer support to implement quality engineering standards via End-to-End tests and other test automation strategies.
- Troubleshoot and help diagnose product defects and quality issues.
- Our north star is to ensure successful deployment of our software releases to our customers on-demand (i.e. multiple deploys per day)
- Define and implement load test strategy for our product in test environments, scaled to match traffic in production
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 7+ years of related professional experience, with 2+ years in a lead role
- Comfortable being a hands on individual contributor, while simultaneously hiring and scaling the team
- Strong programming experience with any major programming language
- Have significant experience and willingness to work with other teams such as fellow engineers, product managers, deployed engineers, support, release teams etc
- Drive cross functional teams towards concrete and shared QE goals and outcomes
- Solid experience in building automation frameworks and writing reliable and maintainable automated tests
- Shows a passion for learning, especially through looking at new processes and tools that have significant impact on engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly analytical and metrics-oriented
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with GitHub, CI, DevOps
- Familiarity with React, React Native frontend web and mobile application development
- Experience with test automation and tools/frameworks like Cypress/Playwright/Selenium, Unit test frameworks like Jest etc..
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!