Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Communications Manager, North America, joining our Communications team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Communications Manager to lead Remote's communications efforts in North America.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in devising and implementing proactive high-profile communications campaigns and managing press relations in support of Remote's overarching communications goals. These proactive campaigns and media outreach will drive awareness and education about Remote for businesses and consumers in North America, as well as supporting marketing, product and business goals. The role is hands-on and will lead proactive and reactive communications from planning to execution. We are looking for someone who brings strong relationships and experience with B2B and consumer media, who has a proven track record of devising and executing high-profile, creative campaigns across the region, and also amplifying marketing and product narratives.
This position can be based anywhere in North America, and will report to the Director of International Communications.
- Significant professional experience in communications and public relations in the US and/or North America region.
- Experience working with tech, corporate, b2b, and mass consumer media including a track record of developing creative campaigns that have achieved their goals.
- A well-organised team player who has proven abilities to plan and deliver across multi-state / country campaigns by working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders in cross-functional teams
- Excellent writer and communicator with a keen attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to work with and influence a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Track record of landing proactive communications campaigns.
- Deep media relations in the U.S. is a must.
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Support the communications strategy for Remote in North America to drive brand love for Remote in the region, promote Remote's initiatives, educate businesses and consumers about Remote's products and tools, while underlining Remote's unique selling proposition.
- Develop and execute both corporate / B2B and consumer communications initiatives in North America to elevate Remote's brand awareness and support business objectives.
- Devise and execute proactive B2B and consumer communications campaigns and pitches, using all available comms levers (earned, owned, influencers, partnerships, etc)
- Develop and maintain relationships with media, influencers and opinion leaders.
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including broadcast, print and consumer outlets.
- Liaise and foster relationships with a wide range of reporters.
- Handle a wide range of high-profile and complex media enquiries
- Organise press briefings, events and activations
- Prepare briefing materials and brief executive spokespeople
- Coordinate with Communications colleagues in EMEA and globally, as well as cross-functional teams across the company.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Director of International Communications.
- Team: Communications
- Location: Anywhere in North America
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- Interview with another founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you!