Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action.
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an Operations Specialist (International Expansion). As a dynamic, engaging and energetic professional, the Operations Specialist will contribute to solving for the challenges that a quickly-growing startup has. Primarily:
- Providing project administrative support for the International Expansion team including administrative tasks, research and other tasks as assigned.
- Supporting International Expansion efforts through maintaining appropriate level of process, program, and policy knowledge.
- Providing backup to the International Expansion team in responding to emails/tickets to ensure extraordinary responsiveness to our external providers and internal teams.
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will make a direct impact in Remote's global operations and its international expansion. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are working on next.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- 2-4- years of experience in project management, contracts creation and management platforms, logistics and legal documents execution (e.g. support with notary and apostille requests).
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Paralegal or operations support background with understanding of entities structure, incorporation, stakeholder management is a plus.
- Project management skills to accomplish goals, drive reporting, due date adherence, and iterating processes for better quality.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Customer-oriented approach with ability to manage blockers creatively, communicate proactively and work in fast-moving dynamic environments.
- Good spoken and written fluency in English; additional foreign languages are a plus.
- Keen sense of curiosity for the subject matter and believe in strong documentation and asynchronous working.
- Familiarity with tools such as Asana (project management), Notion (documentation) and Slack or similar.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of International Expansion
- Team: International Expansion
- Location: APAC
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with International Expansion Operations colleagues
- Interview with Director of International Expansion
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!