Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an international expansion legal reviewer, joining our legal team and working closely together with our international expansion team.
We are looking for a talented and eager person. As Remote is increasing its global footprint, every expansion to a new country brings corporate, labour and tax law queries. Supported by our local advisors, we are responsible for the legal soundness of the business model, incorporation and contract templates.
As international expansion legal reviewer, your responsibility is to support the international expansion team with the legal review of the business model and contract templates, enabling the incorporation of new entities to expand our service offering. Next to the support with oping new counties, you will be the go-to person for any questions from clients or otherwise regarding the business model or contract templates.
In your daily work you will be part of the fast-paced international expansion team. Furthermore, you will be integral part of the legal team and have access to our legal resources.
- Excellent analytical and legal skills
- Eager to learn about different legal systems (as we are a global company)
- Creative legal thinker
- Legal Background
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Review of newly designed contract templates for our growing range of countries
- Review contracts and other formal documents in relation to our international expansion
- Support advising other teams on legal matters
- Support legal analysis on new products, services and business models
- Help develop the legal function within Remote
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Head of Legal
- Team: Legal
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team member
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!