Remote is the global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works).
We are looking for an experienced Business Operations Manager to join one of the most exciting early stage Finance teams out there.
Please check out our handbook to learn more about our culture. Please reach out even if you don't feel 100% confident you meet all of the requirements. We are looking for people with kindness, ambitious and grit. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced tax professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning the overall tax strategy including all components of compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. This role will involve working hand in hand with business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for the overall tax strategy within a fast-paced, high growth environment. Primarily:
- Primary responsibility for Remote's international tax strategy including all components of compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes.
- Responsible for completion of national and/local state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Oversight of the tax returns for Remote in all operational jurisdictions.
- Responsible for VAT, Sales, Use and Property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of international, federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with finance outsourcing partners.
- Responsible for transfer pricing agreements.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Ensure the Company implements and maintains controls compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Support Remote’s expansion into new markets globally.
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- International tax experience required.
- Experience working at a start up or high growth environment.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and Dutch GAAP.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Experience working with a finance outsourcing partner.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- Great Remote work culture
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- A good salary
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Team: Finance
- Equipment: We will supply you will the tools you need to do your job well (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with the Director of Finance, Controller
- Interview with the VP of Finance
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Interview with the CEO
- (async) Reference calls
- (async) Offer