Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
We are looking for a Director of PR and Communications to join our team. You’ll design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationship with media, boost our brand awareness and engage our target audience.
- Own, ideate, develop and deliver a holistic communication strategy, setting aggressive goals and achieving them.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities. Leverage relationships with reporters to drive media in the form of national news, TV and digital publications in the US and EMEA.
- Manage global PR agency/ies.
- Foster and manage key events, interviews and speaking opportunities, and awards submissions.
- Develop and edit written materials including plans, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, and FAQs.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual media activity reports
- Build and manage public profiles of Remote's executive team.
- Track record of building strong brands through earned media
- 7+ years of experience in communications and public relations.
- Experience managing campaigns across US and UK.
- High-growth Tech start-up industry experience or Hyper-growth start-up experience is most ideal for this role.
- Having a portfolio of award winning work / results for a similar profile or similar sized company.
- A track record of identifying, developing and launching highly successful content campaigns that drive outstanding media results.
- Experience collaborating with investor comms teams would be an advantage.
- Strong network of contacts, specifically at US business and tech media outlets.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: VP of Growth
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with leadership
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!