Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic is looking for an outstanding product mind to join the Elastic Security product team and help accelerate the growth of our security business. Elastic Security is a new kind of security solution that is combining SIEM and host-based security use cases to protect the world’s data from attack.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to join the Elastic Security team as Technical Product Manager - SIEM Competitive, reporting to the Director of Product for Elastic SIEM. Your job will be to understand, document, and share current state details and future directions of competitive solutions in the evolving SIEM market.
You’ll help steer the development of future Elastic Security capabilities, working as an integral member of the product development team, alongside front-end and back-end developers, search specialists, security researchers, and security content developers. We meet via Zoom, brainstorm in Google docs, discuss issues in GitHub issues, and chat on Slack.
Skills - You can:
- Install, configure, ingest data into, and operate competitive SIEM solutions
- Operate SIEM solutions in cloud infrastructure
- Understand both speeds and feeds, as well as user outcomes when analyzing a product
- Apply technical troubleshooting skills to just about any situation
- Credibly interact with product managers, security researchers, engineers, data scientists, and software developers
Knowledge - You know a lot about:
- At least two legacy and modern SIEM platforms, with hands-on experience in both
- Log Management and SIEM in general
- Network Security appliances (IDS/IPS, NGFW, Web Proxy, WAF, VPN, etc.)
- Cloud Infrastructure from major providers including AWS, GCP, and Azure
- IT Security operational practices, technology trends, and current cyber threat landscape
- Windows, Active Directory, and Unix system/security logs
- Networking and Security Protocols
- Developing software in an open source environment - Git based knowledge a plus
- Data science, machine learning, threat intelligence, and UEBA would be plusses
Experience - You've succeeded for at least:
- 3 years in a security-related technical product management or technical marketing role
- 3 years in a related product development or technical field role
Aptitude and Education - You have:
- Passion for enterprise security operations
- Passion for being an expert on a topic
- Attention to details and an ability to appreciate Gestalt principles
- Excellent communication skills and practices (sharing is caring)
- BS/MS degree in engineering, computer science, or information security
- CISSP or other security certifications a plus
Travel - (when travel restrictions ease) You are willing and able to:
- Travel up to 5 %, including some international travel
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.