Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We are looking for an ambitious Director of Investor Relations to join our growing team. The primary mission of Investor Relations (IR) is to work with members of the Elastic senior leadership team to professionally and consistently communicate the company's strategy, growth opportunities and business initiatives to global investors and analysts.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Director on the Investor Relations team, you’ll be part of a team responsible for telling Elastic’s story to Wall Street. You’ll develop and execute effective investor communications and build long-term relationships with both equity research analysts and investors. The CFO and other senior executives will rely on you for insight into market dynamics and for thorough preparation ahead of their interactions with the Street. Critical to the success of the role is the ability to partner across every level of the company, promoting the highest levels of integrity to all of our stakeholders, while continually building and maintaining trust with management and the investment community. This highly-visible role will report to the Vice President of Investor Relations.
- Help direct all facets of the investor relations function and quickly develop into a company spokesperson.
- Build and maintain relationships with institutional investors and sell side analysts.
- Help manage the quarterly earnings process and participation in investor conferences, road shows, bus tours, the annual shareholder meeting etc.
- Prepare quarterly earnings release, script and Q&A.
- Assist in the development of external messaging relating to company strategy, earnings announcements, M&A activities and any other events.
- Partner with key internal functions such as Finance, Product Marketing, and Global Communications.
- Prepare external consensus estimate models, valuation analysis and other ad hoc materials as needed.
- Work with the IR Manager in improving and maintaining the IR website, IR databases, calendars, etc.
What You Bring Along:
- 7+ years of experience developing strong relationships with the investor community, ideally as a technology equity research analyst and/or an investor relations professional in enterprise software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a relevant technical field. MBA or other advanced graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Strong financial modeling and knowledge of valuation methods, macroeconomics, capital market trends, competitor activities, and industry dynamics.
- A writing voice to create engaging investor communications, presentations, and responses.
- Strong presentation skills; communication of financial performance as well as company strategy and technology.
- Ability to break down complex ideas and issues and communicate in simple terms.
- Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, high energy and appetite to learn.
- Willingness to travel several weeks throughout the year.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.