Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
About the role
The Cloud on Kubernetes (ECK) team is responsible for building the Elastic Operator responsible for deploying and orchestrating Elastic stack components on Kubernetes. We are looking for a software engineer to join our team and focus on making the Elastic Operator the best solution for running Elastic’s products on Kubernetes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build and maintain the Elastic Operator, an open code project, focusing on making the Elastic stack products and capabilities available in Kubernetes
- Collaborate with other Elastic engineering teams when working on cross team efforts
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Debug critical production technical issues and interact with Elastic’s community
- Mentor new team members, both junior and senior
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Work in a distributed team
What You Will Bring Along:
- You hold a BS degree in Computer Science or bring equivalent technical experience in software engineering organizations
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and communication between services
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and its ecosystem (i.e. operators, service meshes, volume management)
- Experience with Go as a programming language
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Ability to work independently
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.