Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
The Elastic Endpoint team is looking for additional Team Lead to help us scale. Elastic Endpoint is security software that protects desktops, laptops, and servers from attackers on Windows, macOS, and Linux. We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead about 8 senior software engineers. As a Team Lead you’ll be responsible for both personnel management and technical leadership. With multiple teams at Elastic contributing to Endpoint, collaboration with other teams is critical to our success. And while Endpoint’s code is not open source, we strive for our team to be open and accessible thought community engagement online.
Experience as a personnel manager is a must, as is experience developing in C or C++. We’re looking for a “hands on” lead who can contribute to the code when time allows and certainly have an understanding of how it all works. A background in security software is a nice to have, but not required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage, mentor and lead a globally distributed team of approximately 8 experienced engineers
- Care deeply about your team and the product they produce
- Lead the delivery for time-boxed software releases, ensuring high quality feature development
- Work with Product Management to make sure the team’s feature roadmap is achievable
- Remove barriers blocking the team
- Hold 1-on-1s and develop performance evaluations for direct reports
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate cross-team features
What You Bring Along
- Experience leading a team of software engineers as a people manager
- Experience developing system level software in C or C++
- Empathy for your peers
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- A background managing or developing security software
- Experience working with a distributed team
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.