Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
About The Role:
The Cloud Orchestration team develops and maintains the core...orchestration system of the Elastic Cloud. If a customer builds a new Elasticsearch cluster or makes changes to it, it's our software that knows how to move all of the pieces and make that change actually happen in the backend.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team and focus on the core features of our container orchestration system and its components. Our globally distributed team has a broad scope and a balanced mix of levels, so there is plenty of room to be a mentor, to be mentored, to lead new features, and to advance technically.
What You Will Be Doing:
Build software to handle the container management and provisioning for our SaaS and on-prem offerings
Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams
Collaborate with other Elastic engineering teams when working on cross-team efforts
Debug production technical issues inside a sophisticated stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
Mentor new team members, both junior and senior
Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What You Bring Along:
- Proven experience with a track record of delivering high-quality code, preferably in JVM programming languages and/or Go, but not required
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and communication between services
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.