Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Digital Communications Contractor based in the UK to join our growing Social Media team.
The Digital Communications Contractor will help us scale Reddit’s organic social media program, which currently has over 3 million followers across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. You will keep a pulse on the most important and interesting trends happening both on Reddit and other platforms, and translate these insights into highly shareable social media content for our UK Twitter and Instagram handles. Your role will be to help mine for interesting moments across Reddit, create content that will be seen by millions around the world, and engage directly with our followers.
An ideal candidate is an editorial-minded, social media and online community manager who is an Internet culture connoisseur. You have a deep understanding of the nuances between social media platforms and a sixth sense of what our followers want to see and care about. In addition to these traits, you have excellent communication skills, a great sense of humor, and can think about content from both a strategic and creative perspective.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re growing quickly, innovating daily, and aggressively tackling our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world. Our Digital Communications Contractor will help get the best-of Reddit in front of potential new users and work on our very first international social program.
- Manage our newly established Reddit UK Twitter and Instagram handles, ensuring we are fostering quality engagement and positive relations with our followers.
- Build upon Reddit’s organic social media strategy based on current business objectives, helping to maintain our UK social media calendar.
- Ensure the content strategy meets our ambitious channel growth goals without compromising creative integrity.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of key events across the news and other social platforms, make real-time recommendations for our social media channels based on trending topics.
- Mine Reddit for amazing moments that should be shared with our off-platform followers and generate supporting content that complements our strategy.
- Monitor mentions of Reddit across Twitter and Instagram, identify overarching trends or issues, and escalate to relevant internal teams.
- Measure, analyze, and improve content performance on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best-in-class content experiences that perform well and delight our followers.
- Proactively search for and develop unique opportunities for creative, Reddit-y engagements on social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 2-4 years of related work experience strongly preferred (social media, digital strategy, editorial, journalism)
- Proven experience with social media and editorial best practices
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Reddit’s never-ending rabbit hole of awesome communities
- Business-oriented with the ability to understand marketing data
- Precise, typo-free, and creative communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Comfort with basic image editing and graphic design principles
- You are passionate about great storytelling, sophisticated business analysis, and are a stickler for top-tier editorial standards and quality prose
- You are intellectually curious and display excellent taste and judgment
- You are a positive, straightforward, and effective communicator
- Ability to write punchy copy on the fly for a wide variety of content