"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking an IT Support Specialist at our NYC office to help keep pace with the needs of a growing company. This role within our IT Support team is based in our NYC office and will serve as the primary escalation point and face of the IT team at the NYC Office. As the first point of contact in the office, you will be responsible for maintaining all technology onsite, including hardware inventory, AV, desk configurations, networking and Security systems.
On top of upholding the high uptime of the physical office, you will also help support our global workforce. Most of this work is generated through our IT Support Desk ticketing system, and walk ups onsite. The scope of the role covers the entire range of SaaS products managed by our team (Google Workplace, Zoom, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Zendesk, etc.). As we grow our team across the globe, the team will support each other as one team starts their day and another begins, though request handoffs and updates on urgent tasks that may roll over.
You are a team player with a strong commitment to customer service, you enjoy technology, and have an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Be the first point of contact and troubleshooting for the NYC office including conference room AV, Security / badge systems, technology on the desk, user endpoints and more.
- Maintain a meticulous inventory of IT hardware
- Schedule device repairs and replacements when needed
- You will support a wide range of inbound requests and facilitate technical conversations with end-users and cross-functional partners.
- Support and resolve user requests of our SaaS applications: G Suite, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Slack, etc.
- Provisioning/deprovisioning (User accounts, group membership, service access, etc.)
- Create and supplement technical documentation for end users and team members alike
- Support/cover for team members through vacations or other periods of absence
- 5 years of of progressive experience and responsibility
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS applications (E.g. G Suite, Okta, Zendesk, Slack, Atlassian, etc.)
- Experience in support and troubleshooting Mac OS and Windows platforms as well as iOS & Android mobile devices
- Experience with conference room systems; installation and configuration.
- Experience in a fast paced customer facing environment, preferably within a technical organization or high growth company.
- Experience working with and supporting executive level individuals and white glove service
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion. It’s easy for you to keep up with the latest industry trends, experiment at home with new technologies
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A good communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude. You are organized, can read between the lines to understand business needs and prioritize your work accordingly.
- Experience running a site with little or no oversight
- Experience with Identity Providers/SAML (Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Experience managing vendor relationships