The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a talented and driven individual to join the People & Culture team as our Compensation & People Analytics leader. This role will lead our compensation strategy, structure and execution, manage headcount planning and tracking processes, as well as design easily digestible and quickly accessible reports on all things People. The Head of Compensation & People Analytics will report directly into the Head of Human Resources and work closely with the VP of People & Culture, our executive and finance teams, and our managers to reimagine how the industry thinks about total rewards, using a data-first, human-centric approach.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in - and passionate about - creating unique total rewards frameworks (including salary and equity bands, benchmarking reports, complex bonus plans, individualized total rewards reports, etc) and managing compensation and analytics tools. They will be responsible for building a thoughtful and unconventional compensation structures for our global team members that are in alignment with Reddit’s values. This person should take pride in liaising between the world of finance and internal consumers, dreaming up new ways of taking raw data and creating easy-to-digest reports and visualizations. From managing the day-to-day operations of headcount planning and tracking, to crafting long-term rewards and recognition strategies with our leadership and executive teams, this role will be key to driving expansion and growth of our internal global Reddit community.
We expect this role to be self- starting, flexible, and able to work effectively in an ever-changing environment. Reddit’s culture emphasizes performance, diversity, and integrity to build not only a destination platform for users around the world, but a low-ego, driven company that is thoughtful, intentional, and cares for its employees.
- Work with our executive, senior leadership, and People & Culture leadership teams in crafting unique compensation frameworks and strategies
- Proactively implement and manage an effective, flexible, and scalable total rewards system designed to attract and retain top-tier candidates in hyper-competitive markets
- Own the compensation review process, including developing and administering systems, tools & survey submissions
- Own development of equity compensation value targets and strategy
- Consult with the business on core compensation - recommendations for job offers, job matching & leveling, and answering compensation related questions
- Develop cost models and forecast analysis for a variety of global compensation programs and budgets
- Develop and analyze global cash compensation market positioning and salary ranges (for new and existing positions) to ensure market competitiveness and support of overall compensation strategy
- Manage day to day headcount tracking, including req generation, liaising between managers, finance, and recruiting team members
- Create and track various bonus structures
- Manage people analytics data aggregation and reporting process, helping to drive long-term, productive partnerships with all different business units
- Manage all third party compensation vendor relationships
- Partner with our HR, Recruiting, and Experience teams to transform data into roadmaps and presentations
- Lead the way in making Reddit a diverse, inclusive, performance-focused workplace
- Has been working in the compensation and analytics field for 8+ years
- Experience building total rewards strategies for organizations with multiple locations worldwide
- Experience supporting organization through IPO is a plus
- Experience managing transition from stock options to RSUs is a plus
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Has a track record of supporting top-talent companies
- Deep comprehension of competitive compensation and total packages in high-growth tech companies, as well as larger, more established companies
- Has managed third party vendors and negotiations
- Is an active participant of a compensation and analytics network
- Fluent in data-driven analysis with the ability to share information with a diverse set of customers, not just others that are analytically wired
- Natural people person that enjoys building a collaborative and supportive team environment
- Thrives in situations where you can diagnose challenges and problem-solve on a daily basis
- Ability to articulately express yourself in writing and in person
- Exceptional project management skills, independent problem solving skills, extreme attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information and demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity