Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
As a senior member of Recogni's Business Development Team, you will be responsible for identifying, nurturing, and securing designs wins with lead target customers in US with particular focus in Detroit constituency. Candidate will employ her/his in-depth knowledge in imaging and other sensory function, perceptual processing, and low power consideration to promote Recogni’s form, fit, and function in customer base. Knowledge of imaging, Radar, and Lidar components as well as state of development in Automotive sensory functions is a “must-have” for this role.
Candidate must have prior experience with Automotive customers, their design evaluation and selection progress, and customer program management. Candidates lead the customer engagement to design win to production process and will drive and work with internal hardware and software teams to secure the socket.
- Manage the US Automotive customers particularly in Michigan and East Coast areas.
- Identify lead tier 1 and tier 2 customer base with significant interest in driving autonomy
- Devise and present a succinct promotion plan based on knowledge of each customer to position Recogni as the lead supplier and partner for driving autonomy needs and more specifically efficient perception processing.
- Formulate 3-to-5 year customer engagement plan in line with Recogni’s roadmap
- Infuse Recogni’s roadmap in customer base and provide customer feedback to engineering and marketing for product definition and timeline planning
- Educate the internal teams on customer autonomous driving
- Collaborate with Marketing in identifying and manage tradeshows and automotive industry events
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 10 years of experience in Automotive segment
- Solid knowledge of imaging technologies and image processing, and applications in autonomous driving
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle control system from main central processor to sensory functions
- Understanding of Radar and Lidar technologies and their use in autonomous driving
- Highly skilled in creating customer intimacy and customer program management
- Experience in tradeshow participation and management
- Self-starter and highly motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, Medical+Dental+Vision+Life insurance, and Short+Long Term Disability coverage
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.