Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and then solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading low power efficiency. We're a well funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We're at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for Al inference solutions that will make Al even more useful for compelling new applications.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the VP of Product, this role will be focused on the design, development, and integration of autonomous vehicle systems. The primary responsibility is to assist in the integration of Recogni's systems into the OEM vehicles, which includes assisting in the design and development of the system with internal teams and external customers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist in the launch of Recogni products - lead customer input into Product meetings based on OEM and internal engineering activities
- Help manage Recogni product integration activities with customers
- Develop material and lead technical product discussions with internal customer integration and sales teams
- Develop materials and help lead technical product discussions with OEM, external engineering, and sales teams as required
- Identify and comprehend global customer needs, applications, and desired features sets that will drive product requirement changes and enhancements through the established processes
- Recognize competitive threats and key market trends and communicate this information
- Help facilitate responses to customer requests for product information
- Help coordinate customer request for prototype hardware and software with sales and engineering groups
- Collaborate in engineering integration teams to review design changes, plan validation, and resolve issues
- Support development of analysis tools for Recogni products
- Help manage customer evaluation program definition, tracking, and lessons learned
- Help define requirements and support the creation of product configuration options for OEMs
- Support Recogni product installation review and drivability assessments
- Support Recogni product demonstrations and on-site training
- Provide hands-on problem solving support for Recogni customers, both remotely and on-site
- 4+ years of experience designing and integrating technical solutions for OEM Automotive customers
- Familiarity with Autonomous Driving and/or ADAS systems, including Perception hardware and software
- Familiarity with AI/ML technologies as they relate to Autonomous Driving (e.g. object detection)
- Strong communications skills to align stakeholders, manage internal and customer communications
- Ability to operate and deliver results with minimum supervision
- BSEE or MSEE or an engineering degree in a similar discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience in engineering, product support, or applications engineering
- Experience with Machine Vision or Imaging Markets
- Knowledge of Machine Learning technologies and methodology
- Experience in system bring-up, debugging hardware, and firmware
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, Medical+Dental+Vision+Life insurance, and Short+Long Term Disability coverage
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.