Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and then solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading low power efficiency. We're a well funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We're at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for Al inference solutions that will make Al even more useful for compelling new applications
As a senior member of Recogni’s ASIC team, you will be responsible for the pre-silicon correctness and quality of a high-performance and low-power convolutional neural network accelerator ASIC that forms the core of the company’s flagship perception module product for autonomous driving applications.
This ASIC’s design closely couples novel computational accelerator units with 3rd-party SoC IP blocks to form an end-to-end vision perception module that achieves record- breaking computational performance at low power.
Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and and run the gamut of working closely with design engineers to stay abreast of the specification and implementation of ASIC blocks, developing comprehensive test and coverage strategies, implementing the verification environment and tests using object-oriented tools, in particular System Verilog and UVM, handling bug tracking and coverage convergence and developing scripts and methodologies for the front-end ASIC flow.
- Ensure the pre-silicon correctness and quality of a multi-million gate ASIC that integrates computational accelerators and 3rd-party SoC IP blocks.
- SoC/Subsystem verification of embedded CPUs such as ARM/RISC-V and interconnect subsystem (including C and assembly diag validation)
- Develop the block-level, sub-system and full-chip verification environment and tests to implement test plans.
- Work closely with design and architecture teams to understand the functional and performance goals of the design; and work together to make the design-under-test work under all specified circumstances.
- Triage and debug functional and performance issues with the design-under-test.
- Handle bug tracking and coverage convergence.
- Perform diagnostic and post-silicon validation tests in the lab.
- 5+ years of ASIC verification experience.
- Knowledge of ARM/MIPS/RISC-V Architectures, Memory hierarchy, Cache coherency, Virtual memory, Multicore CPU operation
- Familiarity with AMBA/APB/AXI Protocol
- Familiarity with processor peripheral interfaces like SPI, eMMC, *MII, GPIO, I2C ....
- Excellent Verilog/System Verilog programming skills.
- Experience with UVM (or similar).
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming principles, constrained random stimulus, and a coverage driven verification approach.
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming) highly-desirable.
- Interest to explore AI architectures for convolution, transformer and other kinds of workloads
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Computer engineering (or similar field).
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.