Rebag is the ultimate destination for buying and selling the most coveted designer handbags and accessories both online and in stores. We are reimagining the role of luxury in the secondary market with a unique business model that puts the seller first, offers upfront payment, and makes the resale experience smooth and clutter-free.
Since its inception, Rebag has catered to a rapidly growing segment of consumers who are exploring ownership of luxury goods in a sustainable and affordable way. The company operates online and in stores with locations in Los Angeles, New York, and Miami. Founded in 2014 by a team out of Harvard Business School, Rebag is backed by prestigious venture capital investors including General Catalyst, Novator, Crosslink and FJLabs, and has raised $68m in funding to date. In 2020, Rebag was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and has been featured in the New York Times, Business of Fashion, VOGUE, TechCrunch and more.
As Rebag continues to scale and innovate in the luxury resale space, consumer facing websites and native applications need to become and remain best in class. On the e-commerce front, from product discovery to signing-up and checking-out, we need to ensure the smoothest experience for our users by following best practices and using A/B testing to optimize our core funnels. On the supply side, we need to make the resale process easy, fast and accurate for everyone - especially first time resellers - to encourage repeat transactions and brand loyalty.
As part of the Rebag Product team, the Product Manager for Websites and Apps will work under the VP of Product to implement new features that optimize our ecommerce and supply side funnels as well as increase user engagement on both the Rebag Website and Rebag Apps (iOS and Android).
This role is located in NYC - it will be 100% remote to start until the global context allows for safe return of all employees to the office.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Luxury Resale ecosystem: understand where the industry is going, what other players are doing and what are the main points of friction for consumers buying / reselling pre-owned luxury items and how Rebag can remain ahead of the curve.
- Identify customer needs and build a backlog of potential features based on general industry trends, discussion with Rebag consumer facing teams, user interviews but also regular monitoring and testing or Rebag Website and Apps.
- Work with team leader to prioritize new features and improvement on the roadmap based on strategic goals, expected customer impact as wells as technical feasibility and available resources
- Collaborate with design, engineering, marketing, and other team leaders to define, implement and launch the prioritized features
- Brainstorm and investigate various approach to implement prioritized feature
- Work iteratively with designers from the discovery phase to the final UX and UI solution. Building wireframes and prototypes and conducting user testing internally and externally as needed.
- Write clear product specifications that are understood by all stakeholders and review technical feasibility with tech leads
- Once defined, lead the development of the solution working with the tech team and using the Agile process: conduct daily standups, prioritize tickets sprint by sprint...
- Oversee testing and perform regular stakeholder reviews to ensure releases are timely and bug free
- Launch the feature once it’s ready, creating documentation and training for consumer facing teams, setting up A/B tests if necessary
- Measure performance and provide actionable insights
- Define, implement and report on KPI when releasing new features to quantify the impact of the change and discuss the possible iteration on the feature
- Maintain and monitor KPIs to support the continuous optimization of our current ecommerce and supply side funnel
- Communicate efficiently and frequently on new feature releases including demoing and training of stakeholders.
- Organize daily and weekly schedules to accommodate for the Engineering team being in a different timezone (Europe) - while all department leaders are US based.
- 3+ years of product owner / product management experience on ecommerce related products and a proven track record of delivering features that are strategic for a company’s success
- Experience with both Web development and Native App developments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to gather and use data from analytics or BI platforms to discuss problems and solutions.
- Problem solver attitude - especially the ability to independently try to identify the root cause of an issue and come up with possible short term work-around and long term fixes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced ecosystem with a high level of ownership and accountability, including the ability to prioritize the work based on business needs and available resources
- Team player and clear communicator able to work closely with many teams: tech, marketing, customer service, ecommerce
- Strong interest for the Luxury / Fashion industry and the Resale economy