Rebag (rebag.com), the ultimate destination for buying and selling the most coveted designer handbags, is an e-commerce company reimagining the role of luxury in the secondary market. Rebag has opened a world of endless access to luxury, with a unique business model that puts the seller first, offers upfront payment, and makes the resale experience smooth and clutter-free.
Since its inception, Rebag has catered to a rapidly growing segment of consumers who are exploring ownership of luxury goods in a sustainable and affordable way. The company operates online and in stores, with seven locations in Los Angeles, New York and Miami. Founded in 2014 by a team out of Harvard Business School, Rebag is backed by prestigious venture capital investors including General Catalyst, Novator, Crosslink and FJLabs, and has raised $52m in funding to date. Rebag is headquartered in New York City and employs a team of 120.
This is a highly visible and key role in providing critical financial and strategic consultation to leaders across the organization. This position will drive and coordinate all key annual financial planning processes; Business Plan, Budgets, Forecast, and long-term Planning. In addition to performing complex analysis driving key insights that assist in making critical business decisions along with monitoring and optimizing financial performance.
The Manager, FP&A provides leadership oversight, coordination and planning, to execute financial planning processes, including priority setting and ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and integrity of financial information. This role is also responsible for delivering analytics and business support to enable informed decision making by executive staff as well as presentation worthy performance summaries to be shared with senior leaders across the organization. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead the coordination and production of Rebag’s business level and firm-wide financial reporting, including but not limited to the annual budget, monthly forecast and quarterly business reviews
- Continuously update the financial model driving Rebag’s business plan. This includes running simulations on various “what-if” scenarios to help identify potential up/down side cases using insight and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend solutions
- Establish and execute a state-of-the-art forecast process by working with functional and business unit owners to estimate financial results based on future action plans and business assumptions
- Support senior management in analyses relevant to making strategic decisions on the future of the team & company
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the financial results and present findings to leadership.
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of new business opportunities on our business plan and long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management.
- Set up tools and procedures to monitor and review business results with business and functional account owners, including analysis of trends and variances to budgeted results.
- Assist in the creation and review of presentations and detailed financial analyses presented to senior management, board of directors, and external analysts
- Analyze and understand business needs, processes and operating models as well as the tools and technology in place to support FP&A
- Ensure documentation of all FP&A processes are updated and work with project teams on the documentation of new enhancement
- Ability to engage and build communication across teams
- Provide support for ad-hoc project work
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and planning, startup experience is a plus
- Cost controlling experience, must well versed in managing functional budgets, analyzing cost-to-actual differences, potential savings and has experience leading the (functional) budgeting process
- High proficiency in financial analysis methods and concepts to prepare forecasts, cash flows and perform analyses
- In-depth experience with leading planning, budgeting, and forecasting solutions
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written and oral presentations
- Exceptional Excel skills required
- Mission driven. You believe in Rebag’s mission and attack everything through the mindset of achieving it.
- Leadership. As a key executive within the company, you will have responsibility to recruit and retain an extraordinary team and contribute to the overall culture of the company.
- Motivator. You are both self-motivated and great at motivating of others. You don’t wait to be told what to do, and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- High integrity. You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do. You don’t cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what is simply convenient.
- Team Player. Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Empathetic. You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust and share with you.
- Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Flexible. You adapt as situations change, and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Curious. You have a deep willingness to learn and realize that no one knows everything. You are comfortable with this and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Big-Picture Thinking. You are always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that can make the organization better.