We are looking for a collaborative, inclusive and experienced Tech Lead who has a passion for developing and supporting world class products within a cross functional team, using state of the art AWS technologies.
The Tech Lead collaborates with the engineering leadership and product teams to create a technical vision, then works with their team to turn that vision into a reality. They are involved in all aspects of a feature, from initial solution design, to development, then deployment, and finally monitoring in production. The role is hands-on, assisting with feature leads, ensuring quality and timeliness of feature delivery, and coaching team members on their technical skills.
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of team leading experience
- Ability and interest to coach and mentor team members from a technical aspect
- Practical and hands-on commercial experience in React/React Native, NodeJS, GraphQL, SQL, NoSQL, Microservices, AWS
- A problem-solving mindset
- Willingness to share knowledge, eagerness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
What you will be doing:
- Technical mentoring, coaching, career development of team members
- Team building and maintaining team health within your team
- Supports the Engineering Manager, and Product Manager in establishing and maintaining a roadmap
- Being a champion for delivering quality work; this includes working collaboratively with Product Manager, UX team, and Engineering Manager to break up complex work, schedule in critical engineering initiatives and resolving tech debt in a timely fashion
- Leading the overall planning and execution of complex deliverables of your team.
- Working collaboratively with other tech leads to achieve successful outcomes for the whole product & engineering department
- Communicates status and risk updates to stakeholders in regular and timely manner
- Development of software and tooling (features, CI/CD pipeline, internal tools, etc)
Pushpay is a high growth New Zealand founded SaaS company - we are leaders in our industry and are honoured to have processed over US$15 billion in charitable giving. We work hard to help our customers drive social good in communities around the world through our SaaS products. Over the last few years Pushpay has grown substantially, including exciting acquisitions. We are a proud Kiwi company and our engineering and product teams are based in Auckland and the United States.
We have a passion for making all employees feel supported. In addition to having a genuine interest in helping you do your best work and drive your career, we offer:
- Training: $3,000 annual training/conference allowance for your personal development
- Family Oriented: As our Pushpay family grows, we understand yours may too. Our paid parental leave policy offers primary & secondary caregiver leave, and we also have no leave override for those returning to work after parental leave, meaning you'll be paid at your full rate for annual holidays.
- Hybrid Work Model: We aim to offer a healthy work/life balance with flexible hours and the option to work from home 2 days a week
- Sick Leave: You'll automatically get 10 days sick leave per year upon starting (no 6 month wait period!)
- Volunteer Time Off: 16 hours paid VTO per year so you can give to causes most meaningful to you!
- Advanced gear
- Unlimited snacks, fruit, drinks and coffee!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free annual flu shots
- Fun on and offsite social events and Friday in-office happy hour
If you are looking to step out of your comfort zone, build products using microservices, SPA, Backend for Front end APIs, GQL, AWS technologies, and challenge yourself to become better, we would love to hear from you!
Please note: To be considered for this vacancy you must either currently reside in New Zealand, or if currently off-shore, be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or resident with valid travel conditions.
We highly encourage you to check your spam/junk folder regularly for communication from Pushpay, as our messages may be redirected there by your email server.