We are KRAFTON – a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world.
Since the release of our flagship title – PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS – in 2017, it has become one of the highest-selling video games of all time with over 70 million copies sold.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, with regional KRAFTON offices located across the globe.
Our Amsterdam Office is KRAFTON’s EMEA Headquarters which covers Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and the CIS regions, with teams dedicated to Publishing, Esports, Content, Communications, and General Operations. These teams support all local offices and development studios in our region.
Onsite, our Amsterdam Office also houses PUBG Studios which is busy with the development of an exciting new IP, currently known as Project “Black Budget”.
We are looking for a talented material artist with a passion for creating photorealistic materials for games to help with the development of our new IP. You will work closely with a multicultural team to create environments that are both well-crafted and functional, providing players with engaging gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will build in-game materials for our new game and define and document the workflows to sustain an internal Texture and Material library in active development. The ideal candidate will be active and self-motivated, with experience mentoring and managing material pipelines, and with a profound knowledge of Unreal Engine.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create photo-realistic physically based materials in Unreal Engine 5
- Build and maintain a PBR material and texture library
- Document and share production workflows and best practices
- Mentor other artists to maintain technical and visual quality standards
- Ability to work independently
- Communicate with production and art teams on a day-to-day basis
- Plan tasks and track bugs through Jira
We are ideally looking for:
- Some years of industry experience in texture creation (or relevant experience)
- Solid understanding of art fundamentals (composition, form, color theory, lighting)
- High proficiency of Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Deep understanding of PBR pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4/5 and its material editor
- Knowledge of 3D modelling packages such as 3dsMax, Maya, or Blender
- Familiarity with UE Blueprints
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Good English communication and/or writing skills(Limited Working Proficiency)
- Portfolio up to date showing photo-realistic artwork
- Photogrammetry experience
- Experience working with remote team members across different time zones
- Proficiency with Zbrush
- At least one shipped title
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- Lunch allowance and a range of snacks & drinks
- Health and Wellness allowance
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
More about our Amsterdam office…
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Zuid area, a buzzing business hub in the southern part of the city.
Close to our office, you can find a broad choice of cuisine – such as the iconic Market 33 Food Hall, which offers vibrant social settings.
Also, nearby is one of the main public transportation hubs – Amsterdam Zuid train, metro, tram & bus station, bringing the city’s highlights close, be it one of the many museums, canals, parks, or culinary experiences you are interested in.
Likewise, our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse atmosphere – being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 40 different nationalities, and we are still expanding our team!
We welcome all applications!
We are proud to have such a multicultural environment and we strive to create a safe, inclusive, and harmonious atmosphere for everyone to thrive in. We invite applications from all genders, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, and ages.
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience, then apply right away!