Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager – Animation
Job Summary: The Product Marketing Manager leads development of integrated marketing plans for Pokémon’s animation products. This role works closely with a cross-functional marketing team and external partners to help carry out campaigns and launch events ensuring streamlined communication and flawless execution. You will be expected to know the animation consumer and market intimately in order to define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Lead development of objectives, strategy, and content for integrated marketing campaigns and events supporting Pokémon’s animation products
- Partner with PR, Social Media, Retail, Events and Digital Marketing teams to execute integrated marketing campaigns to support animation content focused initiatives, seasonal programming, and launch activations
- Participate in the development of creative materials, campaign asset management, and marketing activations, including internal and external partner feedback loops and approvals
- Maintain marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up-to-date and communicated to key stakeholders
- Prepare campaign performance reports, tracking against business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Lead and coordinate user research and surveys working with internal and external research teams
- Evaluate product performance to help develop and update company goals and objectives
- Advise sales team on any relevant product concerns
- Know target consumers and market so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position
- Develop the marketing and sales content needed to support the industry customer journey and business goals. Including but not limited to industry messaging and positioning across audiences, use cases, and product portfolio, supporting content such as pitch decks, case studies, blogs, webpages, whitepapers, and other customer and sales facing content.
- Review original content for audience/market appropriateness
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Understanding of and experience with kids animation industry, market and consumer behavior trends
- Experience working on 360 marketing programs utilizing a paid-earned-owned framework
- Experience working with agencies and external partners to execute marketing initiatives
- Familiarity with audience segmentation data and utilizing it to drive decisions and content direction
- Demonstrated program management skills to support the creation and implementation of hype, launch, and sustainment marketing activities
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to work across teams and communicate marketing goals/results at a team, executive, and company level
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines, emerging needs, policy changes, and the variety of nuances that can happen in product development
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work tactically to drive projects to successful completion
- Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue, and use good judgment in recommending practical solutions
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, however knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand is a must
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Product Marketing Manager (IC3)