Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
An SRE borders the worlds of software engineering and systems engineering. At Podium, the SRE team drives our products to success by building a stable, scalable, sustainable, and slick system. We permanently sit and sup with the product engineering teams to address all of their needs, and work as an SRE guild to build a world-class platform for our products to run on.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Postgres, Kafka, Rabbit, Docker, AWS, Terraform, ELK and Grafana, Prometheus, GitLab and GitLab CI.
- Engaging with Podium's engineering community to identify potential areas of improvement or pain points and making Podium's systems safer and more pleasant to operate.
- Participating in an on-call rotation for the services the team owns, triaging and addressing production as well as development issues
- Working cross-functionally with different teams to make sure that there is no down time for our products
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years experience working alongside a production system in either a software engineer or systems engineer type role
- 2+ years deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux
- Curiosity and the desire to learn
- Ability to take a rotating on-call shift
What we hope you have:
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Practical knowledge of system design
- Cloud computing, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, or other regulatory or compliance standards
- Building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- One time work from home setup allotment
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.