Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
This role will be a founding member of the Podium Payments team. This new product will change the way local businesses receive payments from their customers. You’ll have the opportunity to take a small beta portfolio and grow it into one of the most significant sources of revenue for the entire business.
If you love chasing and closing deals and growing existing relationships, you are the right candidate for us. Podium Payments Account Executives build genuine relationships with existing customers and prospects, understand their needs, and sell to those needs. We’re looking for sales reps who are high achievers, having shown consistent success exceeding quotas in a previous sales role.
- Successfully close customers through relationship based selling
- Master the ability to evangelize the Podium story
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly quotas
- Align Podium solutions with prospect business objectives/needs
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Collaborate effectively with the account team and others to drive new business
- Proactively keep abreast of our industry and the technology landscape to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers
- Selling and installing payment processing solutions to small and midsize businesses with varying needs
- Passion for empowering SMBs with technology that will help their business thrive
- Demonstrated leadership ability (we want natural leaders)
- Understanding of the payment and/or account receivable processes
- Ability to confidently and effectively speak with prospects of all levels (including CEO’s, CFO’s, Accountants, & VPs)
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment with minimal direction
- 4-year degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Proven success in penetrating new markets and closing new business
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.