At PMG, we exist to inspire all people to feel that anything is possible personally and professionally. It’s what powers us to deliver value, innovation, results, and Digital Made for Humans™ for the world’s most ambitious brands by bringing a more human-centric approach to digital.
The Analytics team at PMG develops and deploys robust brand measurement frameworks to track, report, and analyze marketing effectiveness. We place a strong emphasis on learning by testing and are looking for individuals who embody this philosophy. To this end, PMG is looking for an Analyst - someone who is passionate about connecting data with business results, to help steer the marketing strategy for one of our largest retail clients. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative, self-starter with an eye for detecting patterns and a passion for telling stories with data. They will be responsible for building and managing full funnel annual and weekly forecasts, managing weekly and monthly target goals, providing budget shift recommendations between channels, supporting ad hoc analysis requests such as regression analysis, building and updating weekly and monthly trackers, identifying incremental budget opportunities, executing customer segmentation analysis, and providing proxy recommendations.
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in statistical analysis and exposure to a diverse set of digital marketing platforms, digital media, web analytics, and social media analytics with a good sense of how to connect these to business metrics. The candidate is expected to be curious and have a strong point of view. The candidate will also need to have strong communication skills with diverse audiences at all levels of the organization. This position offers an exciting opportunity to advise and work with some of the world’s top organizations by making brands matter.
- Manage holistic performance for full funnel budgets by having ownership of monthly and weekly forecasts, budgets shift recommendations, and incremental requests (35%)
- Manage proxy target goals, create reports, and model data to help teams make faster-better decisions based on campaign performance
- Present complex insights to non-technical stakeholders and assist media strategists on campaign optimization (25%)
- Work closely with media strategists as well as the PMG centralized analytics team for deeper audience analysis (new customers, LTV, purchase frequency, etc.), test design and result analysis, regression model analysis, etc. (15%)
- Get hands on with large data sets by analyzing trends developing strategic recommendations with the goal of always improving campaign effectiveness (15%)
- Act as a trusted advisor to PMG colleagues and provide sound strategic guidance to clients at all levels to help expand the role of data in our client relationships (10%)
Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in marketing analytics, statistical analytics, or related roles in digital marketing (Paid Search, Paid Social, Digital Display & Video, E-comm, Web, Emails)
- Strongly preferred to have experience in analyzing paid digital marketing efforts including knowledge of digital advertising (e.g. Google AdWords, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Search, etc.) and analytics platforms and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.).
- Experience leveraging SQL to derive insights from large data sets required
- Experience leveraging R and/or Python for advanced analytic activities such as testing, measurement, or customer segmentation preferred
- Basic applied probability/statistics knowledge preferred
- Hands on-experience utilizing business intelligence platforms (e.g., Tableau, Google Data studio) and Microsoft excel to analyze and draw conclusions from data sets
- Working knowledge of data warehousing & data blending techniques
- Demonstrable knowledge of client and agency operations and working knowledge of PMG’s capabilities
- Curious, a lifelong learner
PMG is on a mission to become the most respected global independent digital company, powered by our amazing people and technology as we strive to bring a more human-centric approach to digital. Our purpose is to create meaningful connections and experiences for consumers, our clients, and you. We think and act differently to create an unmatched culture and experience for our people, our clients, and our business partners.
We are committed to making the workplace better and an equal environment for all. Ad Age has named us among advertising’s Best Places to Work six years in a row (including #1 in 2021), Inc. has named us one of the Best Workplaces in the U.S., and we are among the Best Places for Working Parents. We are MediaPost's Independent Agency of the Year and Adweek's Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year.
Being part of PMG means being part of a company culture that’s unmatched in digital. We’re willing to work hard to serve our clients and deliver value, results, and innovation -- which often requires true grit and remaining agile. We believe in taking care of ourselves and each other so that we continuously improve in every way.
We’d love to get to know you and share more about why we love PMG and the work we do.
Join us in making digital more human → Apply Now
In alignment with our core values to be inclusive and always change for the better, PMG is committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive culture, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe we only change for the better by bringing different people to our company. PMG recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion and our action plan for change here.