Pilot is a fast-growing Internet Service Provider in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet with no annual contracts, backed by amazing customer experience and powerful technology. Our customers get gigabit connectivity, a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support. We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection.
Our Software Engineering team is small and today consists of talented full-stack Engineers that are primarily focused on Backend technologies. We are looking to hire our first dedicated Frontend Engineer to play a critical role on our Engineering team and ensure that we are designing the best possible product experiences.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Design, build, and write tests for user interfaces for Pilot’s internal and customer-facing software products.
- Plan and develop UI/UX and visual design components for new features on the platform
- Ensure that content is cross-browser compatible and responsive to be usable and engaging on mobile and desktop platforms alike.
- Collaborate with the backend engineering team to optimize frontend and backend API integration.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Candidates should have interest and proficiency in the following platforms and technologies:
- Git (and GitHub)
- Demonstrated experience building responsive websites and interfaces, whether on personal projects, agency/company projects, or open-source projects.
- Desire to iterate quickly on a small Engineering team, learning a lot of valuable frontend and backend skills along the way.
- Eager to build the ISP that you wish you could have at home - but for real.
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k) with matching
- Flexible vacation + paid sick leave
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Regular company retreats, team building events, and happy hours
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA Sponsorship not available