About The Opportunity
The Billing and Payments team builds and operates the suite of applications and services that allows users to view, make, and manage billing and payment transactions. The team collaborates closely with our business partners to design and implement new features to help the company scale with increasing demand. The team is looking for a full-stack engineer who will be responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting its suite of applications and services. The team is open to new frameworks and programming languages when appropriate and currently uses AWS as its cloud provider, React for front-end components, and C# (.NET Core) for back-end systems.
How You'll Do It
- You are passionate about building maintainable, performant, and predictable products.
- You view on-call rotations as a normal part of your software engineering duties and are constantly looking for ways to improve operational stability and visibility.
- You have the ability to collaborate closely with others on a given project in addition to working independently.
- You view working with product management, design, business partners, and your fellow engineers as a collaborative and transparent process.
- You first seek to challenge yourself because you are a problem solver but are not above asking for help when needed.
The Right Stuff
- Expertise in either front-end or back-end development and the willingness to learn and contribute to both as needed
- Experience building back-end systems in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Experience with public cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure)
- Thorough understanding of the software design lifecycle and testing processes
- Ability to articulate succinctly in written and verbal communications
Base compensation for position: $155,000 - $210,000
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.