Permutive is built on the core principle of responsible marketing, which includes privacy, consent and transparency. Its Audience Platform empowers publishers and advertisers to responsibly activate audiences without any third-party access to personal data.
Permutive is listed in Y Combinator’s Top 150 companies of all time and are trusted by the world’s largest publishers and advertisers, including News Corp, Hearst, BuzzFeed, Penske Media, Future plc, The Guardian, Vox Media, Insider, Hubert Burda Media and Condé Nast International to power their first party audience platforms. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund and EQT Ventures.
About the Role..
With significant existing market share in the UK and France already, Germany is the next key European market in our expansion. As Sales Engineer for the DACH region you will be one of the first team members on the ground for our new German office. We are looking for someone to run technical workshops/demos with business and technical stakeholders, communicate solutions that will solve for our prospects needs while articulating Permutive's capabilities, and partner with our Sales Directors to educate prospects on how Permutive sees the future of advertising.
The Sales Engineering team works closely with various teams across the business such as Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering. Your expertise in technology, business consulting and sales is leveraged every day to drive innovation and new business. As a technical expert, you and your team bridge the gap between customer goals and our technology.
The team is responsible for delivering technical solutions so our customers can derive maximum value from Permutive. You and your team will also work closely with our more innovative customers to understand how they're delivering ROI and explore their ideas for new use cases and features. Sales Engineers are experts on the Permutive platform, seeking opportunities for future development and feeding these back to our Product and Engineering teams.
What you'll be doing...
- Communicating highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level decision-makers
- Producing and delivering tailored demos of Permutive’s platform
- Helping the sales team with closing new business through partnering on deals in the sales arc and assisting any technical requirements
- Working closely with internal teams, including Engineering, Product, Support, and Customer Success
- Keeping up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and industry trends
- Scope and deploy POVs during the sales process with prospects and deliver results in conjunction with your Sales Director partner
- Work with the Sales Director on the completion of RFPs, RFIs, and InfoSec documents
- Scope and deliver SOWs to prospects
- Act as the trusted expert in the room for prospects during the sales process
What you’ll need...
- Previous experience in a senior pre-sales technical solutions position
- Excellent working knowledge of the ad tech ecosystem, preferably has worked at a DSP/SSP
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Being able to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Strong organisational skills along with the ability to work to a deadline
- Enthusiasm to be a part of a fast growing start-up
- Experience with web, mobile & CTV development application
- Native German language essential. Fluent English a huge plus
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of 2,700 EUR which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually), plus public holidays
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A mobility allowance
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
- The equipment and technology you need to be successful, plus a generous working-from-home stipend upon joining
- Global, All-Access WeWork pass, granting you access to WeWork office space around the world
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
Our approach to Remote First
Permutive is a remote first company. We also have an office presence in London and New York. From March 2022, all employees have optional access to a permanent in-person collaboration space in NYC and London. You are expected to do your primary work from home however everyone at Permutive has the option to spend as much (or as little) time as they need working from our office spaces. As a company, we gather in person at least once per quarter for different company-wide events.