Permutive is looking for an Android Software Engineer to help us change the way organisations process user data on mobile.
The mobile team at Permutive bring our edge computing capabilities to native Android and iOS apps, providing a privacy-compliant approach to analytics, personalisation and modeling for some of the largest publishers in the world.
Our SDKs are responsible for tracking billions of events every day, syncing with our cloud infrastructure, and reacting to real-time events in-app. Our SDKs are highly complex and present many interesting engineering challenges: they involve sequencing of asynchronous code, careful state management and run at scale on millions of devices every day. This presents a number of interesting engineering challenges, and for this reason we believe a sincere interest in the low-level aspects of Android development is essential for this role.
We currently have mobile SDKs for Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Objective-C) which are used by our customers in their mobile applications.
We are looking for an engineer to work on our Android SDK alongside our Android lead, Tom, within our mobile SDK team. You’ll help maintain and deliver on the roadmap, improving existing features and planning new ones from inception to deployment. We’re particularly interested in engineers who have experience developing SDKs for Android, or have felt the pain of deploying analytics or personalization to their apps.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Plan, maintain and execute the roadmap for our Android SDKs
- Find ways to make our SDKs more privacy-compliant, more performant, and reduce impact on user experience
- Work closely with customers to help them integrate our SDKs and gather feedback
- Help develop the automated testing framework for our native SDKs
- Put in place processes for building integrations with our partners
- Contribute to product development and strategy, working closely with frontend/backend engineers
- Explore future use cases and ideas for Permutive on mobile
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience building developer SDKs
- Experience working with REST/GraphQL APIs
- Have a good understanding of complexity, data structures and performance
We'd be particularly excited if you have one or more of the below
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience or interest in functional programming
- Some experience working with JNI/C++ libraries
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Weekly all-company lunches, quarterly half-day social events
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks
- A technology budget to spend (as you see fit) to set up your work environment
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A good contributory pension
- The opportunity to learn from some amazing colleagues across the company, while creating something that impacts the way we build technology