PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable, solutions provided with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $50M in revenue and nearly 300 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us: pbsusa.com/careers
We are currently seeking to add a Civil Engineer to our dynamic team in Issaquah, Washington.
$90,000 to $100,000 annually full-time with benefits.
This position will serve a key role on design teams. Projects include local agency roadway corridors, highway interchanges, and roadway intersections both (signalized and roundabouts). They will work with other engineers, project managers, and PBS staff throughout the company’s diverse business lines to deliver cutting edge design for community-based projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
- 3+ years of increasingly responsible engineering design experience
- Engineering in Training (EIT) Certification
- Proficient in design software such as MicroStation Inroads
- Familiarity with local development codes and standards
- Familiarity with the AASHTO, MUTCD, and WSDOT Design Manuals
- Experience working in a consulting firm or municipal engineering department
- A strong background in road or highway design in Washington
- Proficient skills both in AutoCAD Civil 3D & MicroStation Inroads
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform civil engineering design tasks associated with municipal public works projects and private development projects
- Self-manage project tasks and maintain active communication with project managers
- Contribute to a fast-paced work environment across multiple disciplines and project types
- Approach projects creatively
- Participate in professional organizations and functions
At PBS, we value our people and their personal and professional growth. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion create an environment that fosters this growth and where people can build fulfilling, long-term, careers.
Qualifying employee benefits may include but are not limited to 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental/orthodontic, vision, FSA, DCA, Employee Assistance Program, alternative/naturopathic care, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, family building benefits, wellness stipend, tuition reimbursement program, donation matching, PTO, paid holidays, annual bonuses, paid volunteer hours, and pet insurance.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).