PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable, solutions provided with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $50M in revenue and nearly 300 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us: pbsusa.com/careers
We are currently seeking to add a Structural Engineer to our dynamic team in Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Issaquah, or Vancouver, Washington.
$125,000 to $170,000 annually, full-time with benefits.
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. provides planning, engineering, and construction management services for transportation projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. We specialize in state and local agency projects that make a difference in our communities.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Oregon and Washinton or the ability to obtain within 4 months of hire
- 8 years of progressively responsible structural design experience
- Experience with state and local agency transportation projects
- Proficiency with structural analysis and design software
- Knowledge of bridge design, load rating, and inspection practices
- Authorized to work in the US
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Washington State Structural Engineer license, or the ability to acquire the Washington SE by comity within 4 months of hire
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform bridge and structural engineering for transportation projects
- Lead teams to deliver plans, specifications, and cost estimates for state and local agency projects
- Provide structural analysis and design
- Perform structural calculations using a variety of software tools
- Mentor junior engineers and technical staff
- Project types include, but are not limited to:
- Concrete and steel bridge design
- Bridge load ratings
- Fish passage culvert removal projects
- Parks and pedestrian bridges
- Marine structure design
- Retaining structure design
- Deep foundation design
- Engineering services during construction
At PBS, we value our people and their personal and professional growth. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion create an environment that fosters this growth and where people can build fulfilling, long-term, careers.
Qualifying employee benefits may include but are not limited to 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental/orthodontic, vision, FSA, DCA, Employee Assistance Program, alternative/naturopathic care, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, family building benefits, wellness stipend, tuition reimbursement program, donation matching, PTO, paid holidays, annual bonuses, paid volunteer hours, and pet insurance.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).