Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
What's the role about
We’re building a new team to become the future of Paysend. If you’re bursting with fresh ideas and want to join a world-beating FinTech company in its journey to the stars, then this opportunity is for you.
Ideally based in Miami and reporting to the USA Country Head & Global Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the B2B & Consumer Operations on a daily basis. We are expanding the range of Payment, Acquiring and Banking products offered by Paysend. You will contribute to the scalable growth of the overall business, and devise and manage the operating processes, procedures and controls for new products in the fintech fields of Banking, Payment Services & Acquiring.
You should have deep knowledge of FinTech products in the market today and in-depth understanding of the Operational Risks associated with offering payment and banking services to various types of SMEs. As Operations Manager you will be an excellent communicator and experienced in running an Operations function with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly.
In this role you will partner with Sales, Technology, Finance, Compliance, Product and other operational support teams in London and across Europe to devise and implement Paysend’s strategy for our industry-leading products across the US market. This will include but is not limited to new operational processes, controls and risk management, managing recruitment and staffing, managing issues and escalations to ensure that Paysend grows and then operates in a safe and controlled way.
This is a key role at the heart of operations and will support the USA Business in the Global Operations function.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the daily operation for B2B and Consumer businesses in the USA
- Responsible for MTL operations and all applicable filings
- Building and optimising scalable operations processes to prepare the company for hyper growth
- Responsible for ensuring that all operational processes are correctly documented, up-to-date, and ready for internal / external audit inspection
- Managing client & vendor issues or escalations with a view to putting the client first and keeping all stakeholders informed at all times
- Leading the operations contribution for the development and implementation of core projects
- Working with our internal teams to define development priorities along with operational input in to design (BRDs) and support for new products / services
- Prepare new markets or products by executing full operational readiness testing. Post sign-off, provide ongoing operational support
- Maintaining a pristine controls environment - Identify and evaluate threats to the operation, develop alternative courses of action to avoid or reduce risk
- Working with our Operations & Technical Development teams to design and implement systemic changes to enhance / increase overall product functionality, quality of service & efficiency of the operation
- Responsible for Customer Service KPIs and overall customer satisfaction with Paysend
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- 5+ years of deep experience managing a fast paced operations environment in the financial services sector
- Specific knowledge of card acquiring & payment processing, networks & associations including but not limited to US local networks, global networks, Mastercard / Visa OCTs, digital wallets, UPI, Google & Apple Pay etc.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with the ability to handle several complex tasks simultaneously and also coordinate key issues / projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience of managing a remote team and supporting individual team members’ growth & development
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound and rational decisions even under stressful/ high pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and in teams
- A self-starter with the willingness, and desire, to get the job done
- Passionate about technology and with an interest in disrupting the future with digital solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and very outgoing, likeable, presentable, humble and naturally capable of interacting with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
Additional skills that would be beneficial
- Knowledge of card acquiring & payment processing, networks & associations including but not limited to US local networks, global networks, Mastercard / Visa OCTs, digital wallets, UPI, Google & Apple Pay etc.
- Experience in operations within a financial services environment
- Experience of creating & maintaining processes and procedure document creation
- Experience of communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Process re-engineering & continuous process improvement methodology is desirable
- Knowledge of transaction reconciliation is desirable but not essential
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!