The Pavilion Payments Field Service Engineer assists in organizing and executing new and existing gaming property installations as it pertains to systems, network, software & hardware setup in an assigned geographical territory and others as deemed necessary. Participates in and facilitates on-site and/or remote installations and training as directed, as well as follow-up service related to quality assurance. Provide ongoing software and hardware technical support in person, over the phone, email, and assist where required in the testing of new product releases to help ensure the quality of products and the delivery of services to customers.
- Perform on-site and/or remote product installations and training as directed.
- Serve as the final escalation point for customer issues and act as a liaison for further escalation to other departments.
- Assist in project planning for implementation of products and services.
- Ensure seamless product implementation of new and existing customer accounts.
- Maintain an ongoing professional technical relationship with customers in an assigned
- Provide proactive, on-going, and on-demand technical assistance for hardware and software via on-site visit, telephone, and email to all gaming customers.
- Assist in creating and maintaining technical documentation for use internally as well as
- Track and maintain all installed hardware by serial number at each gaming property.
- Maintain operability and functionality of all hardware included, but not limited to kiosks, ATMs, point-of-sale terminals, printers, PCs, check readers, kiosks, and ID scanners.
- Maintain operation and functionality of all client processing software.
- Properly log and document all customer interactions in the appropriate systems.
- Escalation Point for assigned geographical territory from IT Systems Relationship Manager Level I & II colleagues.
- Ability to fill in for 24/7 on-call when requested.
- Successfully navigates and utilizes all systems per standard guidelines.
- Perform product hardware and software testing as requested to help ensure new product
releases are performing properly before being placed into production.
- Collaborate with other departments across the organization to maintain a positive working relationship with customer stakeholders.
- Provide email updates to leadership and the technical peer group as to service issues,
installation statuses, and knowledge sharing.
- Review and create emails with appropriate content, grammar, and professionalism.
- Respond to customer phone calls with appropriate professionalism.
- Use all available systems and resources to review and interpret customer data.
- Escalate all department and system issues timely to leadership.
- Communicate outages immediately to leadership.
- Successfully complete additional skills training as required/requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Working with Others - Works with other department employees to accomplish individual and company service levels and goals. Display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment.
- Embracing Change - Remains open-minded and reacts quickly to new information.
- Adapts to varying department changes.
- Attention to Detail – Stays alert in a high-paced environment. Follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data.
- Decision-Making and Problem-Solving – Recognizes possible system issues that may affect payment entry processing and alerts Supervisor.
- Able to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able to travel by car or airplane on short notice. Travel can be as much as 75% from time to time.
- Must be able to secure and maintain gaming licenses in multiple jurisdictions.
- Be able to lift 20 lbs. and transport boxes and other items containing equipment as much as 20 feet on a recurring basis.
- 5+ Years of prior experience in casino equipment servicing, including but not limited to, ATMs, Financial Services kiosks, cages, and cashier and helpdesk.
- Working knowledge of electronic payments, particularly in the gaming industry
- Demonstrated orientation and action with detail, achieving deadlines and working in a bias-for-action environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based systems and SQL databases
Pavilion Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department