Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with holistic medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
The Manager, Clinical Informatics leads a team that provides guidance and technical assistance to Parsley’s Clinical Teams by analyzing, designing, implementing, and evaluating information and communication systems to improve patient care; support meaningful use; enhance access to care; and strengthen clinical quality and outcomes initiatives. This includes providing technical assistance in the implementation of Electronic Health Record and other Clinical Operations technology platforms, promoting quality improvement, and providing training, networking and representation of ClinOps needs to other technical staff (product EPD). This role reports into the Clinical Operations Manager.
What you’ll do:
Manage and oversee deployment of strategy related to the implementation of clinical information systems. This includes partnership with tech and engineering to design, scope and project manage the ClinOps Technical Roadmap, facilitating the development of policies and procedures; coordinating integration efforts between clinical and administrative functions; supporting the design, implementation, and evaluation of information and communication systems; and collaborating with other staff on the integration of Uniform Data System, security, HIPAA, and related system requirements.
Provide technical assistance to in implementing and utilizing Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology to improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare, increase patient participation and satisfaction, improve the accuracy of diagnoses and health outcomes, facilitate community-centered accountable care, and to realize efficiencies and costs savings (e.g., streamlined coding and billing procedures). This includes implementing EHR technology, monitoring of EHR procedures, assisting with business process redesign, ensuring data quality, facilitating compliance with grant requirements, resolving data discrepancies, and training of ClinOps staff.
Manage and oversee health informatics functions, including health informatics staff, to promote quality improvement and quality assurance activities, improve care, and ensure compliance with clinical practice requirements. This includes evaluating practice goals in relation to EHR; consulting with clinicians, administrators and specialists; supporting process improvement; developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures; and providing recommendations and reports.
Work with partner clients and payers to ensure Clinical Operations platform compliance with privacy/security requirements and to coordinate information sharing between entities.
Develop and deliver training and technical assistance (or coordinate delivery by subject matter experts) on topics such as documentation, policy, patient-centered practices and standards (e.g., scheduling appointments and other healthcare access facilitation), and other topics related to improving health practice and leadership. This includes participating in the regular ClinOps meetings, L&D conferences and helping users problem-solve.
Provide development consultation to Clinical Operations and other Parsley stakeholders to help them reach organizational goals, comply with state and federal standards, develop effective management systems, and resolve problems. This includes working with executives, committees and working groups to plan and implement changes in organizations (e.g., implementation of DCTs, electronic records management, or human resource administration practices); facilitating problem-solving processes (e.g., identifying issues and outlining action plans); and assisting leaders with planning and assessments.
Manage and coach direct report(s) to support the optimization of clinical team tooling and provider adoption across clinical platforms as well as oversee the onboarding of new clinical team members to the clinical technologies required in their role in collaboration with the Learning & Development team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (i.e. biomedical, clinical, or business) OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in healthcare technology and related experience including managing clinical care platforms, systems and/or tools e.g. EHR, messaging, scheduling that tightly integrate with clinical, patient care systems.
- Demonstrated experience in a people management capacity
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional initiatives
- Experience in managing/overseeing clinical platforms, systems and/or tools e.g. EHR, messaging, scheduling that tightly integrate with clinical, patient care systems
- Experience in interpreting and implementing data privacy practices
- Experience in working collaboratively with clinical practices
- Strong skill set in application of evaluation and tracking tools, including data collection and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, team player is a must.
- Demonstrated experience with Apple and Google (Google doc, Presentation, and Drive) productivity suite.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, sound business judgment, and the ability to tackle problems with data.
- Strong people management skills with a passion for developing your team.
- Emotional intelligence and a growth mindset.
- Demonstrates proactivity, autonomy, and commitment to excellence in your work.
- Innovates to improve day to day operations.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Equity Stake
- 401(k) + Employer Matching program
- Remote-first with the option to work from one of our centers in NYC or LA
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plan options
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Annual professional development stipend
Parsley Health is committed to providing an equitable, fair and transparent compensation program for all employees.
The starting salary for this role is between $72,250 / 85,000 / 106,250, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with candidates during the process.
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
In light of recent increase in hiring scams, if you're selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @parsleyhealth.com email address to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!