About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
About Brand & Visual Design team
The Brand & Visual Design team belongs to the Marketing/Experience Division which is responsible for connecting Marketing, Branding, UX/UI and CX to develop experiences that have a long-term meaningful impact. The Marketing/Experience Division offers 3 distinct areas of expertise: Consumer/Partner Marketing and Relations, Content Strategy and Research, and Interaction and Creative Design.
Position Overview [WIP]
We are looking for a detail-oriented Visual Designer to drive communication design projects from ideation to delivery.
You will collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales, Interaction Design and Product teams to translate business and customer needs into visual design solutions.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to Creative Director to enhance the overall Paidy Brand experience
- Regular tasks involve creating promotional visuals for consumer / brand and partner marketing campaigns for both mobile and web.
- Implement creative directions and edit requests from internal directors for fast turnaround.
- Comfortable with on demand visual design projects for internal use.
On the job work examples
- Contribute to design or edit digital campaign pages layouts
- Ideate and design digital marketing materials for public relations, social media and other web platforms
- Visual design for deck and presentations support (Google slides)
- Creative background with 3+ years of hands-on experience in digital visual design.
- Understanding of basic principles of marketing design.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about mobile visual design.
- Experience implementing design systems digital or brand style guide.
- English and Japanese language proficiency.
- Comfortable remotely with collaborative team environments
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
When you apply, please include URLs for an online portfolio to be considered. Please include details of your responsibilities and accomplishments for each of the samples provided.
- Ego-free designer: ability to proactively give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time with little guidance
- Ability to self-initiate projects and follow-through
- Ability to adapt to constant change and encourage others to do the same
- Excellent project management skills to identify any risks, manage deadlines, and be able to handle projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Comfortable taking vague directions from the executive team members and presenting viable solutions promptly with strong design rationale regarding your decisions
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an affinity with the Paidy core values.
- Expertise with common design tools (Figma, Adobe product Suite - especially Photoshop and Illustrator - , InVision, Sketch, etc.).
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Financial or retail services industry experience.
- Product UI design experience is a plus.
- Video production experience is a plus.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy App during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
When you applying, please include URLs for an online portfolio to be considered. Please include details of your responsibilities and accomplishments for each of the samples provided.
- Tokyo, but presently remote until further notice.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける