About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
The UX Design Team comprises designers passionate about bringing quality BNPL experience to our consumers living in Japan. Paidy seeks to remove unnecessary friction or “mendokusai” during the pre and post-online and offline purchasing journey. Each designer takes ownership, works cross-functionally to solve complex challenges, and strives to learn and understand our ever-changing consumers' needs and behaviors. Our team dynamic is ever-expanding, with each of us owning a section of our product lineup and consistently syncing to evolve ourselves and our services.
At Paidy, we all understand the value that Design brings to the table and that there is no need to sell UX to the stakeholders. We strive to learn and understand our consumer needs and gather insights that inform strategic design decisions. As an Interaction Designer joining the team, you’ll bring your design expertise to further strengthen the team’s responsibility to our consumers. You’ll rely on human-centered design methods to craft an experience from the ideation phase to finalized deliverables. You’ll bring the can-do attitude to lead and collaborate with your cross-functional partners and strategize to build innovative products that deliver a delightful consumer experience.
This position is expected to lead design initiatives to improve customer experience.
He/She reports to the Senior UX Manager, working closely with other functions, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Product, PMO, Data, and Risk, as well as outside partners/agencies.
The UX Design team is part of the Experience Department which is responsible for our native app, web service, and any other touch points user experience to develop excellent engagements that have a long-term meaningful impact: delight customers and drive business growth.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Clarify user needs through research and data, develop deep insights, generate concepts, realize with high-fidelity design, in order to craft how people will interact with the services we design
- Proactively gather information from other departments to get deep understanding of the business case for customer experience improvement
- Identify potential opportunities to improve native app, web app, website and any other user experience
- Frame and visualize the context of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually such as sketching, storyboards, sitemaps, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, presentations that help the team understand what to build and why
- Collaborate within the feature team composed of product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketers and researchers to lead and take ownership of the consumer experience.
- Monitor and lead ensuring development of consistent user experience across all areas of the service, by maintaining design system and guidelines
- Own overall end-to-end user experience from the big picture down to specifics of UX flow and UI functions as implemented
- Evaluate output of other UX designers to ensure quality of design work if the design meets business requirements and proper customer experience
- Envision and develop intuitive, scalable, and engaging interactions and experience designs for multiple platforms
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience of Interaction Design and/or Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices
- 3+ years of experience designing digital products specifically with the local language tailored to Japanese consumers.
- 3+ years of experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 3+ years of experience creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 3+ years of experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 2+ years of experience of managing design systems applied for multiple device products
- 2+ years of requirements gathering and communication between all design teams and project workstreams
- Design portfolio demonstrating the UX design process associated with a mobile app for iOS, Android, and the web.
- Ability to document, present and manage stakeholder meetings in English. Collaborate with the cross-functional team communicating in English and Japanese. Design deliverables in Japanese.
- Have a strong creative sense and visual design skills to produce high-fidelity deliverables within a product-driven organization.
- Experience managing expectations with senior executive stakeholders.
- Experience working with already established design systems. Contributed to expanding and maintaining the design system with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working within the financial industry designing services as part of a digital product or technology-driven organization.
- Project management skills to lead the feature team to produce and iterate on improving the product.
- Experience in conducting design exercises entirely remotely and using whiteboard services like FigJam and Miro.
- Experience in crafting design and prototypes with Figma.
- Experience in participating in practicing sprints using Jira, documenting design specifications on Confluence, and other ceremonies with the engineers.
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl= US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける