About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is a fast-growing international start-up revolutionizing online payments in Japan. Paidy’s Risk & Analytics team supports decision-making and operations in all parts of Paidy’s business through data analytics and also designs the models and tools to reduce the company’s credit and fraud risk.
Paidy’s Risk & Analytics team is currently looking for a Data Scientist to improve its ability to support the growing business and to use user data to make smart strategic and automated decisions, especially about marketing and product strategy and development.
To be a successful member of the team, you should be highly adaptable, experienced analyzing user behavior data for an internet, e-commerce, or fintech company, excited to learn about diverse parts of Paidy’s operations, and eager to champion the use of data-driven business strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Work with stakeholders across Paidy in the style of an internal consultant who brings data science know-how and has a willingness to understand the stakeholder's business perspective
● Identify areas where the use of user behavior data – in ad-hoc analysis or as a machine learning solution – can help improve the marketing and product user experience function, and conduct the analysis/build the solution
● Collaborate with stakeholders to define how to measure business performance, set up dashboards to track and report on the performance to stakeholders and executives
● Work cross-functionally with risk department members on analysis of other business aspects that impact the user experience such as fraud and credit risk
● Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
● 2+ years work experience in a related role (data science, data analysis, business intelligence)
● Experience working with common data science query and general languages (e.g. SQL + Python/R)
● Experience with common machine learning tools (e.g. SKLearn, Keras, XGBoost), applying them to business problems aimed at improving the user experience of a web service
● Experience working directly with business and product owners, translating technical findings from an analysis into simple findings and takeaways for a non-technical audience take a look at wording here
● Experience working with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
● Business English is required, Japanese skills are a strong advantage
What we offer
● Flexible working environment in a fast-growing fintech company with modern technology stack in Tokyo
● Analytically-minded, fast-paced and supportive team, inspired by agile ways of working
● Opportunity to directly drive business results and clearly see how your work contributes to the business bottom line
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける