About Paidy Inc.
Paidy was founded with the mission to create a world of “We remove the barriers, embrace simplicity”, offering its real-time monthly consolidated credit service all across Japan.
Paidy started Japan’s first instant post-pay credit service for e-commerce consumers in October 2014. Paidy requires no pre-registration or credit card to use; Paidy consumers purchase products online using only a mobile phone number and email address (verification is established through a four-digit code via SMS or voice pin-code) and settle a single monthly bill for all their purchases, either at a convenience store, by bank transfer or auto-debit. Paidy also supports multi-pay installments and subscriptions. There are currently over 4,000,000 Paidy accounts in use (Oct 2020). Paidy has proved a powerful means of persuading first-time buyers to transact online. Its proprietary models and machine learning
mean that transactions are underwritten in seconds, with guaranteed payment to merchants.
Paidy increases merchant revenues by reducing incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating easy repeat buying.
For more information visit http://www.paidy.com.
About The Position:
The selected candidate will be a member in the Data Engineering team, with a primary focus on report generation and reporting service enhancement/maintenance.
Report generation involves understanding business needs, conducting data analysis, and constructing reports/financial statements driven by our data platform. Once reviewed and approved, the generated reports are automated on our reporting service.
The reporting service itself is a sophisticated system which automates most of the steps involved in reporting: data preparation, formatting, scheduling and delivery. The service itself has on-going enhancements to cater to new business requirements.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
● Interact with business stakeholders to understand their data needs
● Organize and document the requests into technical specifications
● Gap analysis and findings, for both reporting processes and data itself
● Support the well-being of deployed reporting services
● Monitor the report generation process and provide first line support
● Collect feedback from stakeholders, conduct enhancements on the reporting process and services
● Interpret raw data to stakeholder’s domain knowledge
● Other engineering activities on our data pipeline and platform
● A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject
● 3+ year experience in software development or data processing
● Experience with various data storage technologies; including RDBMS, ElasticSearch
● Good knowledge of SQL
● Good knowledge of resource constraints analysis & performance tuning
● Good knowledge and experience with Java & Python
● Able to follow SDLC methodologies, deliver proper documentation
● Effective communication skills
● Experience on financial/accounting products or services, in particular technical implementation impact and consideration
● Creative yet detail oriented, good at solving problems and deriving solutions
● Willing to work in a dynamic environment and keep picking up new technologies / ideas
Candidates must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Paidy core values:
Be a winner 勝ちにこだわる
● Beat expectations 私たちは、常に期待値を超える。
● Display surprising speed 人をスピードで驚かす。
● Embrace risk リスクを恐れない。
Own it and deliver 結果を出す
● Commit to what, when and how to deliver 私たちは、目的・やり方・期限にコミットす る。
● Own the actions to deliver 結果のためのアクションにこだわる。
● Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない。
Play an integral role 大切なピースになる
● Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business 私たちは、替えの効かない貢献を する。
● Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture 皆が言語と文化の架け橋に なる。
● Raise the bar スタンダードを上げ続ける。
● Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan