Paidy is a payment platform that lets online merchants accept payments in real-time from customers without credit cards. Paidy is looking for engineers to join the platform team. We build and support an innovative payment platform that processes cardless payments, opening up convenient online commerce for people without credit cards. Every day, week & month, our challenge is to scale and support the growing merchant and consumer base, evolve along their needs, while maintaining and protecting simplicity along all dimensions.
About the team
We’re growing fast and we know that what worked a year ago won’t necessarily work a year from now. This applies to our technology and the organization of our teams. This offers tremendous opportunities for those willing to take ownership and responsibilities.
We believe in honesty & empathy, introspection & collaboration, laughter & relationships, play to your strengths and patch your weaknesses, ask questions at all times, stay open-minded.
About the job
The Paidy product & platform revolves around data. Looking at our future, we need to look at every piece of our business architecture and infrastructure with a detailed and critical eye. You will help us be thoughtful and deliberate about tackling the right bottlenecks, as well as develop new features and support, extend or simplify the existing ones. You’ll have the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of creating simple user experiences for complex products.
- You will work with colleagues and teams building and improving a variety of services and features for internal and external users:
- MyPaidy, which is Paidy’s single page application for consumers. What started out as a simple payments dashboard, is growing into a full application where consumers can review and manage the increasing number of payment solutions Paidy offers.
- Frontend experiences for merchants that make it as easy as possible for them to receive and manage their paidy payments online. All of our merchants participate in doing business online, and payments are an essential part of their process. Reducing friction here is what it’s about.
- Paidy Admin, Paidy’s internal tool used across teams to investigate and manage merchants & consumers, payments & charges, partners and settlements. We aim to increase our efficiency through investment in internal tools, and each of those tools has its own unique set of frontend engineering challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Instrument the systems with monitoring and alerting to ensure accuracy, availability and responsiveness.
- You have a degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Experience with REACT (Mandatory)
- You had professional experiences building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, Flow, and Webpack
- You have team-based software development experience, and enjoy working with different stakeholders
- You care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
- You enjoy being a generalist working on anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- You actively seek better consumer experiences and make design proposals through wireframes, sketches and mockups
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- You have a high bar for producing clean, maintainable and testable code
- You are comfortable working in a big codebase with multiple stakeholders
- You love learning and are not afraid to jump in
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar.
Nice to have:
- You are familiar with creating B2C user experiences
- Experience with financial or payment product
Please include in your application
- A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for. What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you?
- Highlights on your experience with REACT need to be well-articulated on the application documents.
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Dribbble, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).