Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
We are looking for a full-time Sustainability Intern, who wants to support us with quantifying our environmental impact (e.g. carbon footprint analysis), goal setting, initiating and coordinating impact projects, stakeholder engagement and communication. You enjoy working with data to derive actionable insights. You will work on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders (internally as well as externally) on a daily basis. There is room for taking the initiative and testing your own ideas to help Otrium grow. This internship will help you to acquire a deeper understanding of social and environmental impact within the fashion industry in general, with a focus on ESG, SBTi and circular economy.
- Support the Sustainability Team with managing the different projects
- Provide administrative assistance to our Sustainability Team department by requesting and researching data for CO2 report and goal setting in accordance with SBTi
- Act as point-of-contact internally for questions and details about sustainability
- Be in contact with different members from various teams to make sure new initiatives are being rolled out flawless
- Schedule meetings and coordinate follow-up and details with (potential) partners
- You’ll create content about the different projects that can be shared both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of key methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ESG, GHG protocol, SDGs and SBTi)
- Are studying or recently graduated in the direction of Sustainable Business and Innovation, Environment, Development Studies or similar;
- Have excellent people and communication skills;
- Are fluent in English;
- Have a strong eye for detail and are extremely organized;
- Are independent, proactive and have a hands-on mentality;
- Are interested in learning more about sustainability and you have affinity with the fashion industry;
- Available for 6 months, full-time
- A hard requirement: Residence in the Netherlands
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!